The top prize is for the national level, whether it is won by an individual or a team, while regional winners will receive $3,000. Teams can consist of up to three participants.
The goal of the contest is to improve students’ understanding of scientific value and to foster a culture of innovation, research, and continuous learning. Siemens encourages women and minorities to apply, citing the advantages of participating, such as:
- Expands your inquiry-based skills.
- Challenges you to solve some of the world's toughest problems.
- Opens new doors in pursuit of your educational and career objectives.
- Provides the opportunity to meet other students who share your interest in research.
- Allows you to engage with distinguished scientists.
- Offers you a chance to win a college scholarship.
For more information, read the competition’s guidelines here.